- If you have different applications using the same set products but their maintenance requirements (patching, backup etc) are different.
- If you have different applications using the different version of the Oracle WebLogic Server software (Weblogic, WebCenter Portal, IDM, SOA etc)
- Different System administrators are responsible to manage different applications due to physical location, or branches of your business.
- Different applications are using different LDAP providers and your top requirements are Performance and Security
- If you want to segregate domains according to product components (WC, SOA, WL etc) or physical tier [Presentation, Integration, Service, Data etc] to achieve better maintainability
- If you want to segregate domains according to logical divisions of applications. For example internet applications and intranet applications OR financial applications and portal applications.
Monday, March 17, 2014
When we need a new Weblogic Domain?
Depending on your particular business needs and system administration practices, you might decide to organize your domains based on criteria such as: