Oracle released its long-awaited 12c version of WebCenter on 23/10/2015.
Interesting thing about WebCenter versioning is that Oracle released its first 12c version with released 2 (12cR2=12.2.x) to match their latest FMW versioning scheme. There is no 12c R1 (12.1.x) version for WebCenter.
In this post, we will see how can we install WebCenter Portal and WebCenter Content quickly for production environment.
1. You must have atleast JDK version 1.8.0_51 or above.
2. WLS 12c and WCP12c installer must be executed with JDK not with JRE.
3. Database 11g XE is not certified but you can use it for development purpose.
4. Unlike SOA suite installation, you need to install Weblogic Server 12c (12.2.1) before you install Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c.
5. You must install Weblogic Server with Fusion Middleware Infrastructure installer. This installer will also install JRF and EM Fusion Middleware Control which are required by WCP 12c.
6. Please note that “Oracle Weblogic Server Quick Installer for Developer” and “Generic” installer will not work with WebCenter Portal installation.
1. Start the FMW infrastructure installer with following command.
2. No need to create any domain at this stage. Start the WCP & WCC installer with following command:-
2. RCU is also installed when we install FMW Infra. You will rcu.bat file at C:\middleware12c\Infra\oracle_common\bin\. Process is same to install schema as we had in 11g.
3. Use the Configuration Wizard to create a domain using the required domain configuration templates.
4. By selecting RCU Data in Database Configuration Type screen of configuration wizard, it connect to the database and Service Table (STB) schema to automatically retrieve schema information for schemas needed to configure the domain.
From 12c, NodeManager is available per host or per domain. If you try to start nodemanager per host, you will get following two errors:-
1. It will throw error “Identity key store file not found” and shutdown the nodemanager.
Quick solution is copy the DemoIdentity.jks file from <DomainHome>\security\ to
<MiddlewareHome>\oracle_common\common\nodemanager\security\ for development domain.
2. Processing for domain 'wcp_domain' failed due to configuration error: [The domain 'wcp_domain' at 'null' was not registered in the nodemanager.domains file and dynamic domain registration is not supported. Please register the domain in the nodemanager.domains file.
Cop the nodemanager.domains file from <DomainHome>\nodemanager\
Alternatively, you can register WebLogic domains with Node Manager using the WLST command,